Tuesday 4 October 2011

'hibernate' - illustration friday

Here's my entry for this weeks Illustration Friday topic 'hibernate'.

Originally I wanted to do a badger, but apparently English badgers don't actually hibernate? I never knew that! So here is a tiny little dormouse curled up snug ready for winter.

Bit of a different style for me this week, going back to traditional and actually painting! I'm quite happy with it, although the mouse was tricky to colour.

This piece is gouache on 250gsm paper, and is window mounted using black paper.

5 comments:

  1. Cute little doormouse! I thought English badgers hibernate too, oh well, learn something new everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet. I like how it turned out..English badgers don't hibernate? Interesting! Hope your well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He/ she is adorable! :) love your colors

    ReplyDelete